Real Estate Investment Analyst
Assist the Development, Acquisition and Capital Markets teams in feasibility assessment, financial modelling, underwriting and financing of development and acquisition projects. Assist the Investment Management and Fund teams in modeling and analyzing individual asset as well as portfolio performance. Position will also involve miscellaneous tasks related to existing projects. Primary responsibilities will include: Pro Forma creation and maintenance, investor/lender presentation creation, investor/lender support, market analysis, and entitlement assessments.
Major Functions of this Job
- Exceptional Excel modeling skills including dynamic pro formas, sensitivity tables, construction loans and complex equity waterfalls, distribution models, income statement analysis and operating cash flow analysis.
- Prior experience working in some capacity in real estate finance, investment, acquisition or development is preferred.
- Passion and appreciation for high-quality real estate development, investment and operations.
- Desire to pursue real estate development or investment as long-term career path.
- Detail-oriented, but able to simplify and summarize clearly.
- Resourcefulness to independently research market data from various sources. Must be able to organize findings in a meaningful way for purposes of investment decisions.
- Preparation of internal and external investment memoranda and other presentation materials. A good eye for graphic detail is needed to prepare polished, professional presentations.
Other Aspects of this Job
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Abides by all Company policies and procedures.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Ability and desire to cultivate industry relationships.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must meet company background investigation and drug screening.
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related business field or liberal arts degree with demonstrated quantitative ability.
- Communicate Clearly and Efficiently
- Collaboration Skills
- Service Oriented
- Technical Capacity
- Proficiency in the following:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Power Point