Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist will be responsible for maximizing the overall impact of the Human Resources department. Among other responsibilities, the HR Generalist will oversee all benefit administration as the company’s plan administrator/plan sponsor, help facilitate clear communication and smooth transitions at each point in the employee lifecycle, and ensure compliance with employment laws at federal, state, and local levels.
Process & Resource Director
Corporate Office (Houston, Texas)
Major Functions of this Job
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance of mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and/or work assessments.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
- Acquires background checks, drug tests, and employee eligibility verifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; and occupational health and safety.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Aspects of this Job
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Having a strong work ethic and an ability to remain flexible and adapt to new information quickly will help you to be successful in this role.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Read, write and speak English fluently (bilingual English and Spanish speaker is preferred)
- Must pass company background check and drug screening
- BS or BA in business or HR-related field of study
Key Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
- Able to manage competing priorities
- Effectively manage outside consultantss
- Communication and empathetic listening
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- ADP Workforce Now