Support the Capital Markets and Asset Management team in all matters of property level financial analysis and underlying data manipulation including monthly financial analysis, detailed revenue and cost analysis, creation and maintenance of property budgets, and ad hoc analysis as required. This role provides critical support to internal decision making and external reporting.
Associate, Capital Markets and Asset Management
Major Functions of this Job
- Create reports of financial results, variance analyses, and cash flow forecasts for investors and management. A good eye for graphic detail is needed to prepare polished, professional presentations.
- Exceptional excel modeling skills including dynamic pro formas, sensitivity tables, construction loans and complex equity waterfalls.
- Work with internal resources and property teams to implement initiatives within the portfolio.
- Support the development of rental rate and occupancy strategies and leasing programs.
- Proctor the annual property-level budget process.
- Visit assets and competing properties on an as needed basis.
- Work with operations support on loan compliance, vendor compliance, and documentation.
- Support research efforts regarding sub-market and industry trends
- Perform independent market research from various sources. Synthesize data into meaningful formats for internal consumption
- Prepare quarterly management reports for external distribution to equity and debt partners.
- Prepare / support the preparation of ad hoc asset management and capital markets reports and projects.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must meet company background investigation and drug screening.
- Must meet each of our core values:
- Humble Confidence
- Team Player
- Open Minded
- Creative Problem Solver
- Takes Ownership
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Must abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a good attitude. The ability to be flexible and maintain a sense of humor while managing multiple projects is essential.
- Must be detail-oriented but able to simplify and summarize clearly and concisely.
- Must have a passion and appreciation for high-quality real estate development.
- Prior experience working in some capacity in real estate finance, investment, acquisition, or development is required.
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related business field is required. A master’s degree in a related business field may be preferred
- Proficiency in the following:
Microsoft Office Suite